Recipe from @butternutbakeryblog
2 large eggs
1 tbsp Molasses
2 cups All purpose flour
1 tsp Baking soda
1 cup Brown sugar, dark packed
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 cups Dark chocolate
1/2 cup Granulated sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 Sea salt, Flaky
2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 cup Pecan, halves
& cut butter unsalted
1. Brown Butter : over medium heat, melt one cup of butter in a sauce pan . Stir
continuously until it turns an amber color with a delightful nut scent.
2. Pour into a bowl to cool down. Scrap well the brown bits, this is what give this
butter all its flavour !
3. In another bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together
4. Once at room temperature, add the brown sugar, sugar, and molasses to the
brown butter bowl. Mix to combine (either with a whisk or a mixer) until it looks
like a slushie.
5. Combine eggs and vanilla together.
6. Fold in the dry ingredients mix until well combined.
7. Add dark chocolate and pecans. (The dough should hold its shape when
scooped if not place it in the refrigerator for 30 min)
8. Scoop out the cookie dough of about 1/4 cup. Place the cookie balls on a tray
lined with baking paper.
9. Chill for at least 30 min or even overnight.
10. Bake 6 cookies (they spread) at 350°F for 13-15 minutes or 10-12 min if smaller
than 1/4 cup. It’s baked when the edges are golden and the center still goey
11. When sprinkle with flaky salt and let them cool down on a cooling rack.
12. Once cooled down, put a generous spoon of Le Caramel sea salt caramel
cream on top (a bit warmed up if not liquid enough)
13. ENJOY !